H&R Block Canada, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Functional Analyst (FA) to join its dynamic Information Technology team. This position will be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Customer Care Centre Manager, the Functional Analyst will be responsible for the functional support of one of H&R Block’s Tax Softwares: modules, user and office setup, patching, configuration and Tier 3 end user support. A key skill will also be the ability to map end user requirements and work with the appropriate technical groups on resolution. H&R Block will provide application training to the candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Act as primary end user Subject Matter Expert by developing in-depth knowledge of various tax software applications and their interdependence(s)
- Provide leadership and collaboration by interacting with various business units, other IT teams, and vendors to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Define user needs and identify gaps in tax support knowledge for multiple resolution teams
- Gather requirements and prepare functional files and documentation
- Provide test scripts and guidance to the Quality Assurance team for software testing and validation of test results
- Participate in the development of change requests and take part in integration testing as well as guide all enterprise tax software releases to production
- Train new support users as required
- Map and define user procedures and workflows
- Champion activities during analysis: design, construction, testing, implementation, support phases of enhancements, and upgrades on projects
- Communicate and set priorities on any end user requests and help mitigate conflicts as they arise
- Alongside the Service Delivery Manager, work in partnership with business leaders, business analysts, field leaders, tax professionals and the business to obtain feedback in the product planning, design and delivery phases of projects
- Collaborate and build relationships with cross functional internal, external, and application vendors in the delivery of end user support
- Work together with business leaders, vendors and operational teams (on and off-site) to ensure project status updates and escalated issues are understood and status updates are clearly communicated
- Post-Secondary education in Business Management, Systems Development and/or Business Analyst, Functional Analyst, or Project Management accreditation; or the equivalent through a combination of education and professional work experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as a software analyst or functional analyst with an emphasis on technology
- Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL) processes and tools
- Knowledge of agile development and the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development environments and experience in data and process modeling of business requirements
- Proven experience collaborating and partnering on varying initiatives with business units, internal team members, external vendors, and business partners both within/outside the organization and in remote locations
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Established analytical ability to problem solve and make quick and sound decisions based on changing priorities
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software such as Microsoft Project
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about leading technical business initiatives, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.