Use it. Reload it.
1. Use it.
Once your Advantage Card is loaded with your tax refund, it is ready for use. Shop anywhere Visa® is accepted, including online, and withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide that display the VISA® Plus logo.
2. Reload it.
Reload your card at any participating Canada Post location. Add money to your card for safe online purchases, use it as a budgeting tool or use it for travel. The possibilities are limitless. You can add next year's refund on it, too.
3. Love it.
There are plenty of reasons to love your Advantage card. It's free to activate, free to make purchases and free to receive purchase and balance updates. Plus you'll have 24 hour access to your card's information, like your transaction history.
The Advantage Card is secure, convenient and big on benefits. You can:
- Have your tax refund loaded onto your card
- Shop wherever VISA® is accepted
- Shop online or over the phone
- Complete online bill payments
- Relax knowing your prepaid card is secure
- Always know your card purchases and balance with free email and text notifications
- Reload the card with your refund next year
- Reload with personal funds at over 6,000 Canada Post locations
Load and Win Contest Rules.
- 2.3 DC Payments Cardholder Agreement - Terms and Conditions This agreement is between you and DC Bank. The agreement outlines any fees, card functionality and the terms and conditions of the H&R Block Advantage Prepaid VISA card. 2.4 DC Payments Cardholder Agreement - Terms and Conditions (Quebec Residents Only) This section contains amendments to specific sections of the DC Payments Cardholder Agreement defined in Section 2.3 that operate under and require different prepaid cardholder legislation for the province of Quebec.
1.3 ADVANTAGE CARD CLIENT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Benefits of the Advantage Card?
- It's instant - like having money in your hand. Ready for use as soon as your refund is paid
- Funds can be withdrawn at any Visa/Plus ATM Network machine 24/7
- The card can be used once loaded for purchases - in store or on line
- No waiting time for cheques to clear or cheque cashing fees
- More secure
- Can be replaced immediately upon visiting an H&R Block office
- Purchases can be returned for refunds onto the card (provided the merchant accepts returns)
- Easy to access card balances with 4 different options
- Can be reloaded with next year's refund at H&R Block again
- Can be reloaded with personal funds at 6000+ Canada Post locations
- Can make bill payments with it
How do I use the card?
The H&R Block Advantage Card is not equipped with a chip. If using it for a purchase, slide the card and sign the receipt. There is no fee charged for use if the Advantage Card is used for purchasing goods in a store or online. If using the Advantage Card to make an on line purchase, enter the name and address of the cardholder as it appears on the DC Bank agreement you signed when you received the card.
How do I withdraw cash from an ATM?
If using the card at an ATM, just insert it and follow the directions. The PIN will be required. Select "Credit Card" to withdraw funds from an ATM. The card will not work if the "Chequing account" or "Savings account" option has been selected. As with most regular credit cards, there is a fee for every ATM transac tion. The withdrawal amount plus the fee cannot exceed the available balance.
Is there a limit on how much can be withdrawn or spent on purchases using the Advantage Card?
The Advantage Card itself has a $2,500.00 daily limit for ATM withdrawals and $7,500.00 daily for pur chases. ATMs may have lower withdrawal limits than the card. However, multiple Visa/Plus ATM Network machines can be used to withdraw additional amounts of money.
What if I have problems with the Advantage Card once I leave the office?
You can call our Client Service Center at 1 800 HRBLOCK to get assistance if you have concerns about how to use the card or if it is lost. For balance inquiries, PIN resetting, or withdrawal issues, you should call DC Bank toll free 1 877 275 1374. However, if a new card needs to be issued, you will also have to go to your H&R Block office for a replacement card.
What if there are attempts to withdraw funds from a Visa/Plus ATM Network machine but no funds come out and an ATM fee is charged?
Call DirectCash toll free at 1 877 275 1374 and report the situation. DirectCash will initiate a trace to investigate the transaction, which can take up to 45 days. When the merchant verifies that funds did not come out, the respective amount will be credited back to the Advantage Card. This situation may arise if no funds were left in the ATM or a jam may have occurred. You should retain the ATM transaction receipt.
What if I report a problem with a retailer in accepting the Advantage Card?
Even though the VISA® is widely accepted, there may be merchants that are not set up for VISA® pay ments. You have the option to purchase somewhere else or to pay with other means.
I want to return an item that was purchased using the Advantage Card. Can the refund be credited to the card?
Yes, if the retailer accepts returns for refund, refunds can be completed on the Advantage card. Refunds can take up to 45 days to appear on the card.
Can the Advantage card be used outside of Canada?
Yes, the Advantage card can be used internationally, wherever VISA® is accepted. The immediate user fees are the same as for the use of the Advantage card in Canada. While no direct purchase fee is charged when using the Advantage card in a foreign store, for the use of a foreign ATM, the same with drawal fees of $2.95 per transaction apply. Withdrawals are also subject to the ATM requirements of the country being visited. A 3.5% fee will be charged on all international transactions.
What do I do if I lose or damage the card, or if it is stolen?
If the card is lost or stolen you should immediately call 1 877 275 1374 to have the card disabled. Come into any H&R Block office to have a replacement card issued. Note: As long as the lost or stolen card is not reported, you will be liable for any loss of funds. The VISA® Zero Liability Guarantee starts with reporting of the lost or stolen card.
How do I check the balance on my Advantage Card?
You can check your Advantage Card balance in one of four ways:
- Set up balance alerts sent to your cell phone via text message at uat.hrb.mhweb.cardfunctions.net
- Set up balance alerts sent by email at uat.hrb.mhweb.cardfunctions.net
- You can call the toll free interactive voice recognition (IVR) number: dial 1 877 275 1374
- Check the balance on line at hrblock.cardfunctions.net
There is a small balance remaining on the card, how is that withdrawn?
Because the smallest balance that can be withdrawn from an ATM is $20, the best way to use the remaining balance is by doing a partial payment on a purchase. Many merchants offer the ability to make a partial payment automatically when the balance does not cover the entire purchase. If the merchant does not automatically offer partial payment follow these steps:
- When making a purchase, tell the clerk that you have funds remaining on your card and that you would like to make a partial payment using these funds.
- The clerk can apply the remaining funds from your card and then will ask you how you would like to pay for the remaining balance. The options to pay are determined by the retailer, but typically include debit card, credit card, cash, cheque, etc.
- Pay the remaining balance using the payment method of your choice.
What if the PIN is not working?
If the PIN is entered incorrectly more than 3 times, you will be locked out and must call toll free 1 877 275 1374 to have the PIN reset. If you have forgotten your PIN, you will need to go to your H&R Block office to have a new card issued.
Why is there a hold on funds on my card?
A "hold" may be placed on transactions made at car rental companies, gas stations, hotels or restaurants. Some holds are placed for an amount higher than the actual service. This does not mean a mer chant is charging you more; it is to ensure sufficient funds are available in case additional charges need to be applied, such as late fees or damage fees. Holds usually fall off your prepaid account automatically in 1 5 business days from the date of service. Hotels & rental car merchant holds may take longer depending on policies. Please speak directly with the merchant if you have further questions about holds.
Can the funds be transferred from the Advantage Card to a bank account?
Funds cannot be directly transferred from their Advantage Card to a personal bank account. Instead, you can withdraw the funds from multiple Visa/Plus ATM Network machines and then deposit them into your bank account.
How do I dispute a purchase or online transaction?
If you believe your card has been subject to an incorrect, unauthorized or a transaction you do not recognize, you can ask the DC Bank to investigate by contacting 1.877.275.1374
Is there a timeline or deadline for reporting transactions for investigation?
Yes. If you have identified a transaction error on your statement, such as an incorrect or unauthorized amount, we must hear from you no later than 45 days from the transaction date posted on your card statement.
How long does a purchase, online or ATM transaction investigation take?
Once we have received your completed chargeback form, we will begin investigating the transaction. Investigation timeframes may take 45 to 120 days.
When will I receive a credit for the investigated transaction?
This is dependent on what we found during our investigation. If our investigation confirms an error did occur, we will credit your card. If we find an error did not occur, no credits will be provided.